Today’s guest on THE HAPPY HOUR is Julie Hayes. The interesting thing about this podcast is that Julie and I have never met, but yet she contacted me about being on the show. She left a comment on my blog that said she’d love to interview me and ask me all the questions that she has for me. For some reason I just felt like this would be fun, and so we did it. When I recorded I knew that it might not work and then I could just can it if it didn’t. Good news is that it turned out great.
In this podcast we discuss books we’re reading (of course), parenting, our adoption of Amos, meeting Aaron, my time on the radio, Noonday Collection, and lots of other randomness!
Win a new CD:
We also talked about Jimmy McNeal’s new album “Adopted”. Julie and I go to the same church and both enjoy when Jimmy leads worship on Sunday’s. Jimmy is graciously giving me five cd’s to give away to some of you. All you need to do is leave a comment. Any comment. Anything you want to say and you are entered! Winner will be determined on Sunday night!
Links from the show:
- What Julie is reading: MY READING LIST by Pat Conroy & THE OBSTACLE IS THE WAY by Ryan Holiday
- The post that Aaron wrote called THE MOM PROBLEM that Julie read and then started following my blog
- Kat Lee’s blog INSPIRED TO ACTION is a great resource & her podcast is worth subscribing to for sure
- The Hello Morning Challenge & the time I did it
- Real Hope for Haiti is where Amos & Story lived before they joined our family
- Some of our interviews while waiting for Amos to come home: KXAN, CNN
- My audition for the radio station in 2011
- Brian Williams singing “baby got back”
- Good Reads is where I keep my list of books
- GIRLS LIKE US is the book I’m about to read that deals with sex trafficking
- Noonday Collection is the jewelry we talked about – you can also listen to Jessica & Wynne talk about this company in past podcasts
How to listen to the Happy Hour Podcast:
Listen to every this podcast right here on this page, or subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher and have them delivered to you as soon as they are live. If you like the show, I’d love to hear from you. Comments here are awesome, ratings and reviews on iTunes & Stitcher are even better, since that helps others find the show.
If you have questions about what a podcast is, or why I want to do one, I answer all of those questions HERE.
Upcoming guests: Ashley Benson, Janet Reeves & Melanie Shankle
**If you are reading this via your email subscription you’ll need to head on over to my website to listen, or via iTunes or Stitcher.**