If you know someone that is moving you should take lessons from some of our friends. Man have they been amazing to us! Last night Roberta brought over some muffins so that this morning while we are packing and going crazy we wouldn’t have to worry about breakfast. How thoughtful! These muffins were so yummy that I must share the recipe with you! She of course let me keep the very cute muffin tin and top that they were in. She also attached a copy of the recipe to the top b/c she knows I love recipes and she knew how good they were that I would want to make them again! Lovely!
So now I’ll share it with you so that you can bless someone with these! I think we should all make muffins next week to bless someone!
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE MUFFINS
makes 24 muffins
hands on time: 20 min
total time: 52 min
1 cup of butter, softened
2 cups of sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
24 baking cups
1 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
1/4 cup sugar
1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating until blended.
2. Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually stir into butter mixture. (batter will be thick.)
3. Place baking cups in muffin pans. Spoon batter into cups, filling 2/3 full.
4. Stir together pecans, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle pecan mixture over batter.
5. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. (about 12 to 15 min)
Sounds wonderful doesn’t it! Who are you going to make muffins for next week? Let me know!