I told you earlier that our meals have been kicking it from our friends. Every time someone brings a meal, I look at Aaron and tell him that I will NEVER AGAIN sign up for meals. I have done a crappy job on my last three meals and you people know who you are! I’m sorry!
These people are brining bread, salad, dessert, fruit, jello cups, packages of mac n cheese, drinks and all sorts of stuff to go with their meals! Oh my you people are good! So, for now on I will coordinate meals and not sign up to bring meals. Aaron questions me signing up every time. He says “you don’t even like to cook for your own family!”. True. Very true. But I love to find new recipes. I just don’t like to cook them!!!!!
Anyhow, Mandy brought us a meal last night and I wanted to share it with you. If you are wanting to try something different that is vegetarian, here is a good try. All my kids devoured it, except Deacon. He wasn’t a fan, but he did eat his whole portion even if it took him 40 minutes. Aaron and I ate after the kids (we find ourselves doing that lots these days!) and cooked rice to put with it and that was awesome!
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil leaves
1. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine cauliflower, garbanzo beans, gr een beans, carrot, and onion. Stir in broth and curry powder.
2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in coconut milk and basil. Makes 4 to 6 servings.