Happy Friday my friends!!! I am so excited about today for so many reasons. Allow me to bore you with them!!!
- Aaron comes home today!!! Some of my favorite days are the days that daddy gets back in town! Our kids are missing their daddy and they are ready for us to all be home tonight.
- Speaking of tonight, Aaron’s making homemade pizza on the grill. One of my favorite meals!
- I found someone that will teach me how to swim. I know how to swim, but I don’t really know how to swim if you know what I mean. I want to swim for exercise, not just swim to the side of the pool to get to my drink on vacation! Marian was over last night and she mentioned working out at the Y in the pool and of course I jumped at the chance to convince her to teach a 34 year old woman how to do the right strokes. I found out today that I indeed will need goggles. Of course I’ll need goggles. What was I thinking? I am so excited. I might need to go buy a Speedo swimsuit as well! This will be perfect for when Missy Franklin comes over for dinner. We’ll have something in common to talk about; our swimming techniques!
- I have lost four pounds in the past week. Yes I’m trying to lose some weight. Since Cayden was born, 8.5 years ago, I’ve put on 20 lbs. I know it’s not a lot, and yes I know I’m not fat, but I would like to lose some flab and get tighter and healthier. So, I’ve been watching my calories big time, hitting the gym, and taking some supplements, that I’m gonna tell you all about really soon.
- I’m 72 hours away from the girls trip of the year. Yes there will be 15 girls taking over a beach here in Texas on Monday. Bring on the sun baby. I’m trying so hard to finish my book, EXPECTING ADAM (which I highly recommend), so that I can move on to a new one. I’m not sure what yet, so I’m open to suggestions of the best book you’ve read this summer. It must be a beach read, which basically means it takes nothing out of my brain to read it. No thinking involved. Just a story I can dive into!
- Saturday night Aaron and I have a date night. For some reason I’m looking forward to this one so much. Nothing special, just him and I heading out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. I’m still so stinking in love with this man and get giddy with excitement about a date night! I got myself a new skirt, a pedicure, got a wax that was the worst pain of my life (not being dramatic here at all!), and even wrote him a super sweet card telling him how much I’m still in love with him. Love that man! I figure all this will also help when I jet out of here on Monday and leave him solo with the kids for four days!!!
- My kids get out of school early today, which means a stop at the ice cream shop for them. Yes we are already in school, since we’re at a year round school, and yes every Friday they get out early. Love that!
This is why I’m so excited that it’s Friday!!! Should be a great weekend and awesome week at the beach next week! What are you looking forward to? It’s Friday!!!