Today’s guest on the Happy Hour Podcast is Kate Conner, who is the author of two books: Enough & 10 Things For Teen Girls. I first was introduced to Kate when I was given her book Enough to review. While reading her book I knew that I wanted to meet her and have her on the podcast, and I’m so happy that I did! She is just pure joy and someone that I would love to have lunch with often if we lived close enough to each other.
She writes at her site KATE CONNER where she encourages women, writes biblical truths, and simply shares her life with us.
From the podcast:
- Her blog posts that started off her whole book – “10 things I want to tell teenage girls”
- How we feel about birthday milestones and what Kate is doing for her 29th birthday.
- #29things is what she hash-tagged her birthday list of nice things this year
- She told me all about how to sign up to be a Bone Marrow Donor (and since we recorded this, I have signed up too …. eek!) Check out Be The Match and maybe you too will be a donor – let us know if you do! In fact if you do, tweet this: “I listened to @jamie_ivey & @kateeconner on the #happyhourpodcast and now I’m gonna be a bone donor. #BeTheMatch http://wp.me/pJqGY-3q8”
- From Relevant Magazine: Fifteen books every millennial has read
- Post where Donald Miller talks about how he’s changed since writing Blue Like Jazz
- What Kate is reading these days: Life After Life by Kate Atkinson and The Honest Toddler & recommended The Glass Castle
- I’m still reading The Best Yes, Wherever the River Runs by Kelly Minter and Women of the Word by Jen Wilken (which I have finished now and LOVED)
- WALK IN LOVE – check out their awesome shirts!
Questions for you:
- Harry Potter is big at our house right now, and I have only gotten through the first two books. Have you guys read them?
- Have your kids read them and if so how old were they when they started?
- What Christian fiction do you guys like because Kate and I both haven’t found much that we like?
- Kate’s friend will take her daughter to opening night if she reads a book to encourage her to read. How do you encourage your kids to read?
- What series have you watched on Netflix that we should know about?
Kate is so gracious to give away some awesome stuff to you guys! First off we are giving away ten of her books ENOUGH. I’ll pick five winners and you will each get two books. One to keep and one to share. What fun is that? I’m basically giving you a Christmas gift for someone. You are welcome.
Along with that, one of those five winners will also receive a shirt from Walk In Love. I can’t tell you how much I love their shirts and can’t wait to get mine in the mail soon! You are welcome for this one too.
Entering is super easy, just follow the requests below. As always you can do as little or as much as you want! Up to you!