Today’s guest on the Happy Hour Podcast is Jamie Wright.
Jamie writes at THE VERY WORST MISSIONARY. Her and her husband live in California and have three boys, one of which has already grown up and lives on his own. Jamie and I met each other a few years ago through some mutual friends, although we have never met in person. Isn’t that cool how in 2014 you can have friends that you have actually never met face to face. Love it!
In this podcast we discussed our kids growing up (she says middle school is the hardest), sex trafficking, Jamie’s trips with Exodus Road, and how Jamie is supposed to be writing a book.
LINKS FROM THE SHOW:
- Jamie explains how her blog got the name “The Very Worst Missionary”
- The most romantic California beaches
- Jamie works with The Exodus Road and has been on two trips with them. Here are blog posts from her last trip. I highly recommend you take the time to read these posts.
- Girls Like Us – the book I read this summer that opened up my eyes so much to sex trafficking
QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- If you have kids that have ventured through all the stages, which one was the hardest at your house?
- If your kids are dating, do you treat their girl/boy friends the way you thought you would?
KEEP UP WITH JAMIE
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast. I’d love it if you shared with your friends. When you tweet, Facebook, or instagram please use the hashtag #happyhourpodcast – I love hearing your feedback on social media. Also show Jamie some love and send her a message somewhere.
HOW TO LISTEN TO THE PODCASTS:
- Right here on the blog. If you are reading this on your email you will need to click over to the blog to listen.
- Subscribe via iTunes and every time there’s a new episode released it automatically arrives to your device. This is my favorite. How fun to check in and see a new episode! I’ve shared other podcasts I subscribe to HERE.
- Subscribe via Stitcher and again each time you open your app the new one is just there – like magic!