Happy Hour #36 is with my new friend Meredith Toering. Meredith and I met at the If Gathering this past February and didn’t get hardly any time to chat, and after our chat today I was wishing I had more time with her. You are going to love her!
The night we met at Guero’s in Austin at the If: Gathering
Meredith is the International Director of Morning Star, an NPO that works with orphans and at-risk children (family preservation programs) who have very complex heart defects in China, Uganda, and India.
On today’s show Meredith and I chat about how she ended up in China, and the amazing story of her parents adopting Brooke, the little girl she took care of during a summer internship. I also begged Meredith to give me all her parents secrets on raising kids that love to travel, love people, and want to serve people well. We also chatted about how she won a spot on the #styleforjustice trip with Noonday Collection and IJM.
Links from the show:
- Morning Star
- Meredith’s blog posts about her family adopting Brooke
- Morning Star FB page
- The bag that her and Jen Hatmaker created together on their Rwanda trip is not for sale anymore, but they have lots more bags that are amazing if you are looking for one. Check out NOONDAY COLLECTION for more bags.
- All the blogs from the #styleforjustice trip HERE
- IJM prayer gathering that I’m going to this weekend
- I won a DJ job here in Austin. Read about it HERE.
- The Locust Effect by Gary A Haugen that I need to read!
- Meredith’s reading: The Hobbit and just finished The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- What I’m reading: Everyday Grace by Jessica Thompson
- Email Meredith if you are interested in adoption, or anything in her world: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Meredith:
Up for grabs:
As soon as we finished recording I contacted my friends at Noonday to see about the clutch that Meredith and Jen created, and unfortunately they no longer sell it, BUT they have two for me to give away! So, all you need to do is leave a comment and you’ll be in the running. I’ll keep the contest open for a week and then we’ll pick two winners (in the continental US only please) and you will get a new clutch for the Summer! You can’t beat that. (Contest ends midnight on the 22nd)
Share the Love:
I would love to connect with you guys on facebook, twitter and/or instagram about this episode! Feel free to share with your friends about the show! As always I love feedback from you guys on iTunes if you can. When you leave a comment and/or rating, it helps others find the show, and isn’t that what we want …. more ladies at the Happy Hour with us!