Melanie Dale is a geek on a God-ride, a minivan mama and total weirdo who stinks at small talk. Her laugh is a combination honk-snort, and it’s so bad that people have moved away from her in the movie theater. She adores sci-fi and superheroes and is terrified of Pinterest. Author of Women Are Scary: The Totally Awkward Adventure of Finding Mom Friends, she’s also a contributor for Coffee+Crumbs and an advocate for Children’s HopeChest. Living in the Atlanta area, she blogs at Unexpected.org about motherhood, orphan care, adoption, and sometimes poo.
Links from the show:
- Her book: Women Are Scary: The Totally Awkward Adventure of Finding Mom Friends
- Melanie talking about her “mom balls” and “sitting shirt”
- Melanie’s reading: Rachel Held Evans Year of Biblical Womenhood & she’s recently read Bossypants by Tina Fey
- I’m reading (when we recorded this): The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (I have finished and recommend!)
- Three things Melanie is loving: The Walking Dead + Skinny Scarves by Freedom in Fashion + The Kentucky Mule
Connect with Melanie:
Melanie is giving away 3 signed copies of her newest book: Women are Scary. To enter check out the Rafflecopter below:
Share the Love:
I would love to connect with you guys on facebook, twitter and/or instagram about this episode! Feel free to share with your friends about the show! As always I love feedback from you guys on iTunes if you can. When you leave a comment and/or rating, it helps others find the show, and isn’t that what we want …. more ladies at the Happy Hour with us!
// DONATE to the Happy Hour Podcast with Jamie Ivey //
// SIGN UP to never miss a post or podcast //