Today’s guest on the Happy Hour Podcast is Rebecca Smith. Rebecca is the owner of Better Life Bags and lives in Detroit with her husband and three kids. Her business has a remarkable impact on women in Detroit, who are earning a living by working for Better Life Bags.
On today’s podcast we talk about how her business started, things you should do before we turn 30 (we are both past it!!), and how she can’t do it all without the help she has – good word for us mommas trying to do it all! We also chat about how we made the decision on where to send our kids to school, why we don’t see the news often, and of course our thoughts on Serial.
From the Podcast:
- We both were at the Influence Conference this past year & highly recommend it to you guys!
- How she started Better Life Bags & how you can design your own bag – story about woman buying bunk beds for her family because of her work with BLB
- 15 things to start doing by the time you are 30
- Rebecca started doing goals each month and posting on her blog along with Haley from The Tiny Twig and her Goals with Grace blog link up.
- Talking about wasting time … I watched the Katy Perry documentary twice in one week
- Starting Jan 1st if you buy wholesale and want to carry Better Life Bags, you can contact them!
- What we are reading —> Rebecca: Accounting for the Numberphobic, Show them Jesus, & Team US
- And of course we discussed Serial. We recorded this the week of Thanksgiving, so it’s a few episodes back, and now tomorrow is the final one. Your thoughts? This morning I listened to Dr. Moore’s podcast where he answers the question, “should Christians be listening to Serial?”.
Connect with Rebecca & Better Life Bags:
How to listen to the Happy Hour Podcast:
Listen to every this podcast right here on this page, or subscribe via iTunes or Stitcher and have them delivered to you as soon as they are live. If you like the show, I’d love to hear from you. Comments here are awesome, ratings and reviews on iTunes & Stitcher are even better, since that helps others find the show.
If you have questions about what a podcast is, or why I want to do one, I answer all of those questions HERE.
**If you are reading this via your email subscription you’ll need to head on over to my website to listen, or via iTunes stitcher.**