Aaron has been experimenting with some homemade gluten-free biscuits lately and today they were the best ever. And since they were the best ever we want to share this recipe with you because we think everyone should have home made biscuits in their lifetime.
Makes: 6 biscuits
Cooking Time: 17 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1 3/4 C Gluten Free flour mix*
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
3 tsp Coconut Palm Sugar
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 cup Greek yogurt (brand: Greek God’s Greek Yogurt w/ honey)
6 tablespoons cold Kerrygold unsalted butter cut into tiny cubes
*Gluten Free flour mix
1 Cup Bob Mill’s GF flour
1 Cup Tapioca flour
1 cup Potato starch
1 tablespoon Potato flour
- Pre-heat oven to 425
- Put all dry ingredients into mixer & mix until well blended.
- Add butter to dry ingredients + blend until mixture begins to look like crumbs
- Add yogurt and mix on low until a ball of dough forms (should be consistence of gummy dough) – we also switched out the mixer piece to the one that looks like a paddle (I’m certain it has a technical name, but you know what I mean!)
- As this mixes prepare your pan (We use large stone from Pampered Chef) – lightly grease pan
- Shape into round biscuits the size of your palm and 1/2 thick
- Place on greased pan at least 1 inch a part
- and cook until tops are brown (about 17 minutes)
Then if you want to have an even more amazing breakfast whip up some gravy and all of a sudden you have an amazing breakfast that your kids will not even begin to understand how awesome it is. Because they are kids and they would choose donuts over homemade GF biscuits any day. One day they will know. One day.
I tried to convince Aaron to make a video explaining all of this for you, but instead all we got was this crappy video with our kids arguing in the background. Heck, I guess it’s real life.